Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Talent doesn't equal natural ability

Hello Fellow N283 troopers!!! (lol whatever)


Just wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone for participating the last Post make me famous party!!! I believe it was a huge success for us as a cg! Everyone performed their best and had an enjoyable time which is the most important. For many of us, it's like our first time performing in public and I am proud of everyone of you who had stepped out to perform!!! Great Job guys!!!

After the post party I have some thoughts in mind that I wanna share with you guys


First of all....this phrase which I would often hear from friends, members etc... "I don't have talent" "I cant do it, I m not talented"

To me personally, talent is something everyone can cultivate and achieve if they set their mind and heart on that particular talent they want.

When one refers to themselves as not talented...they often perceive talents as merely natural abilities...sometimes or most of the time...certain attributes are not given to your naturally..you will need to work hard to achieve them.

Here's the definition from Encarta dictionary regarding talent

Definition:

1. natural ability: an unusual natural ability to do something well, especially in artistic areas that can be developed by training


See...even the dictionary said it so clearly..it can be developed by training!!!!!

I have never considered myself as talented or gifted even though I can play the guitar. Unlike other musicians, some of them have this gifted ability where they are able to learn fast...I m not a fast learner and I m able to play guitar today because of the hard work I put in practicing. Believe it or not...there were times where I practiced up to 5hours or more a day.

So I feel...if you have an interest in certain skill for example, dance, singing, playing certain instruments or photography...go all the way out for it! I believe you will be able to achieve your goals and dreams. There is no such thing as not talented and you can't do it!!! The only thing that is stopping you is yourself and laziness. So stop doubting and start working hard!!! Our cg have many talented people around...lets go all the way out to make every second of our life count!!!

Remember if you just seat there and do nothing about your talents....you are as good as the person mention in the bible whom hide his talent underneath the ground...that doesn't please God and by not doing anything, you are robbing the people around you of being blessed by what God had placed in you!!!

Lastly... stop waiting for the day when you're good in your talent(s) then use it to bless others or showcase it!!!! the day will never come if you don't start taking small steps towards success!!! Many people have this wrong mentality that they must be good before they should step out and use their talents....by stepping out and trying you are actually taking one step closer to success...by waiting you are heading at the wrong direction and by the time you realized...you are too many steps AWAY from that dream you've.

Developing of our talents sometime requires us to be a little bit more "thick skin"...need us to lay down our pride...and just step out of our comfort zone!!! Even if you fall..it's ok!!! Learn from the mistake, never repeat it again and move on!!! Remember..Champions are not those who never fail..but those who never quit!!!


Believing in you


Jie Yong

No comments: